Are you ready for some football? If your answer is yes, then you’ve come to the right place. If your answer is not, then you’re also in the right place. i Fratelli has a few easy and simple ideas to help make your watching party a complete success.
Organize your party space in a way that allows for comfortable viewing and easy access to snacks and drinks. Make sure that there are enough chairs for 90% of your party. This will force the remaining 10% to stand and converse near the food and drink table. This will prevent your party from appearing stale.
Place the major food dishes in a central or common area that can be accessed from all angles. If you are serving sodas and other drinks, keep the coolers outside to keep your space clutter-free. Place snack items in smaller dishes on coffee and side tables for easy access.
THE FOOD MENU
Make sure to place your i Fratelli pizza order early so the food is ready by kick-off. Keep in mind that most deliveries will take longer than normal on The Big Game day. Our signature pizzas are always a crowd favorite, plus they make the perfect finger-food for parties. Should you run out of munchies too soon, no worries! Order a large pizza after half-time and we’ll throw in a large cheese pizza for free. We know that an empty food and snack table during The Big Game is not good, so we’ve gotcha covered.
Other ideas to consider to compliment an i Fratelli pizza:
Spicy Popcorn (compliments of Rachael Ray)
Heat oil in deep pot over medium high heat.
Cover pot and pop the corn, shaking pan often.
Remove from heat.
Drizzle with melted butter.
Combine spices in a small dish and sprinkle the blend over hot corn. Serve.
Fried Pickles (compliments of Rachael Ray)
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
4 large eggs
Vegetable oil, for frying
1 16 ounce jar bread-and-butter pickle chips, drained
In a wide, shallow dish, whisk together the flour, garlic powder, salt, paprika, cayenne and sugar.
In another wide, shallow dish, lightly beat the eggs.
Fill a large pot with enough oil to reach a depth of 2 inches and heat over medium-high heat until it registers 350 degrees on a deep-fat thermometer.
Working in batches, toss the pickles in the flour mixture, pressing to adhere.
Shake off any excess flour, then toss gently in the eggs to coat.
Coat with the flour mixture again.
Shake off any excess flour, then add to the oil.
Fry, turning occasionally after the pickles rise to the top, until browned, 8 to 9 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve immediately.
If you are planning a large party, opt for the keg. You’ll need water and sodas of course. Check out your local grocery store the day before the game, they will most likely have specials on 2 Liters of your favorite sodas. If it’s a smaller party, create two unique punches (one for the adults – The Giants, and one for the kiddos – The Pats). Consider small details like football-themed straws, glasses, ice cubes, etc.
Hopefully, the game doesn’t turn out to be a disaster. If it does, spend a little time before the game creating fun ideas to keep the party alive.
If you’ve got the time, create an interactive game with the football game and the commercials. For example, create a list of scenarios that could potentially happen during the broadcast. (e.g. a dog is featured in a TV commercial, a sideline photographer is knocked down, etc.) Put all the scenarios in a hat for people to draw. If someone’s “happening” happens, they win a prize.
If the party gets turned up to an eleven, then provide cabs for those who need it. You’re smart, use your best judgement here. Friends and family are extremely important to us. Please make sure you take care of yours.
Your friends at i Fratelli Pizza